The genetics of the family determines the maximum height of your child. Kids generally reach up to the average height of their parents. However, some studies have shown a number of other external factors that may affect the height of your child. If you are looking for some tips to help kids grow taller, then this is just the right place for you. Let us discuss some of the exercises, natural ways, and foods that increase height.
Foods that Increase Height
- Milk and Dairy Foods: Milk is rich in vitamin A that helps in boosting the absorption of calcium in your child’s body. Milk is also rich in protein that helps in the growth of cells. Serve your child with two-three glasses of milk every day. Dairy foods like cheese, whipped cream, yoghurt are some of the foods that help grow taller naturally. These foods are rich in vitamin A, B, D, E, and calcium.
- Fresh Vegetables and Fruits: It is very important to include fresh fruits and vegetables in your child’s diet. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with fibers, vitamins, potassium, folates etc. that are responsible for overall growth. Fruits like mango, watermelon, papaya, apricots, and grapefruit are rich in vitamin A that helps in developing bones and tissues. Include vegetables like carrot, spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes, cabbages, pumpkin etc. in your child’s daily diet.
- Coral: Available in the ocean, coral is a good source of calcium that can strengthen your child’s bones and increases the height naturally. In addition to this, coral also has many essential nutrients.
- Eggs, Chicken, Fish, and Beef: Eggs contain high-quality protein, calcium, vitamin B2, B12. Fish like salmon, tuna, and sardine is rich in vitamin D, which is responsible for high bone density and body growth. Chicken and beef are also a good source of protein that helps in building muscles and tissues.
- Soybean: Loaded with protein, fiber, folate, carbohydrates, and vitamins, soybean is a great option for the optimum growth. You can boil it, bake it, eat with rice or add to your salads.
- Nuts and Seeds: One of the most convenient and delicious snack, nuts (peanuts, almonds) and seeds (pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds) are rich in healthy fats, amino acids, and minerals that help in repairing damaged tissues and producing new body tissues.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a rich source of protein and essential nutrients that help to build muscle mass, reduce fat, and increase your child’s height naturally. Encourage your child to have a healthy oatmeal breakfast.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains are the great source of fiber, iron, vitamins, magnesium, and selenium. Whole grains are rich in calories and provide your child with a lot of energy required for daily activities. Make sure that your child is having whole grain bread, pasta, brown rice, popcorn etc in his daily diet.
Exercises that Help Kids Grow Taller
- At first, start with simple stretches like wall stretch. Make your child stand against a wall with his back towards it. Ask him to raise his hands and stretch as much as he can. Sit in the same position on the toes and stretch the leg muscles. Repeat this process 10 times.
- Sit on the floor with legs wide apart. Try to bend forward at the waist, stretch to touch the right toe. You can ask your child to keep bending three-four times maximum. Follow the same with left toe. This type of stretching is great for legs and back.
- Hanging: Kids usually love hanging from bars. Hanging, chin-ups and pull-ups are exercises that can help strengthen your child’s spines and elongate the vertebrates. Installing a hanging bar in the house is a great option.
- Yoga: Ask your child to start with the basic breathing exercises before he begins the asanas. Some yoga asanas like Surya Namaskar, Adho Mukha Suryasana, and Chakrasana can help your child stretch the entire body.
- Sports and High-Intensity Workouts: Experts do not recommend rigorous weight training for children under 16 years of age. However, you can encourage your child to indulge in sports and high-intensity workouts. Apart from, swimming, cycling, and running, sports like tennis, badminton, and basketball are some of the great options that help kids grow taller during puberty.
Other Natural Ways
- Serve your Child a Balanced Diet: A balanced diet is very important for your child’s good health and development. Make sure that your child is getting proper proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and carbohydrates. Foods rich in calcium such as dairy products and green vegetables can also promote bone growth.
- Make your Child Follow a Healthy Lifestyle: A family’s lifestyle puts a huge impact on a child’s growth. Avoid junk foods. Instead, serve your kid homemade foods. Encourage your child to indulge in sports, biking, swimming, dance etc. there are also several free-hand exercises such as pull-ups, that can help your child grow to a considerable extent.
- Ample Sleep: Ensure that your child is getting the proper amount of sleep. Make your kid follow a bedtime routine. Sleeping is extremely important and helps your child’s body to recharge, repair, and produce growth hormones.
- Good Postures: Encourage your child to practice good and correct postures. For instance, straight spine, stretched shoulders, straight hips with proportion over the feet etc. are some of the good postures that can help your child look taller.
- Cultivate Confidence in your Child: The lacking height can be dealt with a positive attitude and a high self-esteem. Let your children understand that height is just a physical attribute and it cannot stop him from doing his best and reaching new heights. Encourage your child to feel confident and good about him and participate in different activities. Giving examples of legendary personalities can also boost up your child’s morale.
- Avoid Growth Stunting Factors: Ask your child not to consume alcohol, caffeine, or smoke. Also, do not opt for steroids and artificial hormonal capsules that claim in increasing one’s height. They can stunt your child’s growth.
If your child has a healthy lifestyle and is still not growing, it is advisable to consult a doctor. There are cases when children fail to develop due to autoimmune disorders or hormonal deficiency. In such cases, seeking medical help is the best idea. Follow these food habits, exercises, and natural ways and help kids grow taller.