Valentine’s Day is all about sharing love and laughter with your special ones. Valentine’s Day cookie decoration activities are a perfect way to add sweetness and joy to this special occasion of love. If you have never tried cookie decorating before, it is the perfect reason to explore this creative and relaxing art which is quite simple. You can check out some Valentine cookie videos for easy tutorials if you are a beginner or simply explore inspiring designs for Valentine’s Day if you have experience with using icing.
Latest Valentine’s Day Cookie Decoration Designs to Delight You
Using transfers are the newest trend for Valentine’s Day cookies. Transfers are nothing but royal icing which are solidified icing designs done on a parchment paper separately, dried and then placed on cookies. For a better idea on how to decorate cookies with royal icing, you can look up cookie decorating tutorials related to transfers. Besides royal icing designs, some are hits are:
- The Drizzle: Drizzle icing or melted candy coating through a disposable icing bag onto a cooled cookie. Use one or more colors to your heart’s desire.
- The Squiggle: Messy random patterns in icing colors of your choice with jimmies or edible glitter on top is the easiest way to decorate cookies.
- The Dots: Polka dots are adorable. Pink, red and white dots on a cookie are perfect for V-Day.
- The Minimalist: A single rosette placed strategically on a cookie can look quite chic.
- The Dip: Haven’t got much time? Try the dip design by melting some candy coating and dipping one-fourth, half, three-fourth or the whole cookie in that melted coating and let it dry. For a better finish, top off with chocolate shavings or edible glitter/jimmies before the coating sets.
Personalized Valentine’s Day cookie decoration not only expresses your style but also shows the effort you put in.