Being pregnant is one of the most surreal feelings for any couple. Not only does pregnancy welcome a new life, it brings new experiences and a new-found love in the couple’s life. Each couple faces certain dilemmas during their first pregnancy. It is essential to ask these questions to your gynecologist, if you are expecting.Clarity on these questions will help you clear out any doubts or potential rumors associated with your pregnancy. You should ask for health tips from your gynecologist in order to reduce the complications associated with pregnancy. We give you a quick checklist for questions to ask your gynecologist during pregnancy.
Questions to Ask Your Gynecologist About Your Health
- Should I follow a particular sleep cycle in order to stay energized?
- What should I do to reduce the occasional pain?
- Should I reduce or stop any medication that I am currently taking?
- What should I eat/drink on a daily basis?
- How often should I consume a meal?
- Is there a particular position in which I should rest/sleep?
- What kind of atmosphere should I create around the house?
- Will having a lot of green plants in the house help?
- Should I take a walk or rest more often?
- How much weight gain is normal?
- Should I hire a nanny to help me around with my daily chores?
- How can my husband/partner help with the pregnancy?
- Can I smoke/drink occasionally?
- How will my behavior by affected by hormonal changes?
- Should I / Can I have sexual intercourse during my pregnancy?
- What should I do to ensure that I do not lose weight due to excess nausea and morning sickness?
- Should I take any medicines to reduce pain?
- Is it okay if I bleed occasionally?
- Who is going to deliver my baby?
Pregnancy Questions to Ask Your Doctor for Baby’s Healthcare
- Should I massage my stomach to help the growth during pregnancy?
- Should I be concerned about the baby’s position in my uterus?
- Will I need to get a C-section?
- Should I take any supplements to help thegood growth of my baby?
- What vaccinations should I get and when should I get them?
Due Date Related Pregnancy Questions
- What time before the due date should I take extra precautions?
- Is it a boy or a girl? (You may want to avoid this question if you want to wish it to be a surprise)
- When should I stop going to work and take complete rest?
- What are the precautions I should take during different stages of pregnancy?
- How much can the due date fluctuate from the proposed due date?
Post-Pregnancy Health Questions
- Will I be getting any stretch marks on my stomach?
- Will I gain weight after pregnancy?
- Does breastfeeding hurt?
Post-Pregnancy Baby Health Care Tips
- What should I feed my newborn child?
- How many times should I feed my baby?
First pregnancy can be scary for some couples. So, it is essential to clear all the doubts and stay in contact with your gynecologist at all times. Asking these questions to your gynecologist will help you prepare yourself for the delivery and baby-care.