Halloween rock painting ideas are one of the favorite summer holiday activities for kids and adults. Our round-up of exciting Halloween painted rocks can give any store-bought gifts a run for their money. The rock painting ideas for Halloween given here includes eerie stickers, fun finger painting, frightening eyes, age-old Jack-o-Lantern on rocks, and more.
Read on to find out the spookiest and easy Halloween rock painting ideas.
DIY Halloween Rock Painting Ideas
The cutesy Ghost Family rock painting idea is apt for kids and the beginners, that you can try on a gray pebble. Nothing brings on the vibe of Halloween better than the Frankenstein, and thus you can create his face as the inspiration for creating DIY Halloween painted rocks using green and black paint. You can try out the Mummy Painted rock, using myriad colors for some Halloween fun.
Painting a tiny witch on the rock is a superb idea for Halloween themed rock painting ideas, given the minimal use of colors and creativity. What’s Halloween without some hair-raising bats? Get set to make some hilariously-eerie Bats on rocks. If you have a bunch of rocks with you, try making a collection of candy trick-or-treaters to pass out to the children’s guests.
Halloween Rock Painting Tips
- Begin scouting your backyard and garden for good-looking and best pebbles and rocks that you can use to paint.
- Upon getting the best rock for yourself, clean them thoroughly using soapy water to get rid of the dirt and dust.
- Leave them out open to dry, before you begin with the project.
- Painting on rocks with base-coats done would lend a vivid tone to your illustration.
- The acrylic paint that you would be using is water-based and can be washed easily from the fingers. Tempura is another water-based and kid-friendly paint that can be washed away easily.
- Any kind of finger-paint and craft paint will work for your Halloween rock-painting crafts.
The list of Halloween rock painting ideas is the easiest and most fun-to-do handmade gifts that you can hand down to kids and adults alike. For more options and ideas on candy painted rocks for Halloween, check out the galore below.