If you are short on space for storing your stuff, you might have missed many potential places in the home. Whether it is a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom or living room, smart storage ideas are always useful for homemakers who love to keep things organized.To help you creatively use space in your home, this post is full of clever ideas and designs you’ll love. With the best suggestions and tips presented here apart from the roundup, a space-savvy person can certainly store items in the house effectively.
Not all of us are blessed to have a large home. When you stay in a small apartment, using less area to give it a larger and de-cluttered look needs a ‘storage genius’, which you certainly can be. Having some wall storage, using slender space between the wall and furniture, utilizing space under the slabs, putting the area under the stairs to good use – these are just some ways to maximize the storage capacity in a home. Scroll to the end of the gallery, if you plan to remodel your home or have plans to have custom-made furniture or wish to add up storage to some specific part of the home. The gallery here would give you many ‘Eureka’ moments to make your home look stylish with unused surfaces and areas. Don’t miss out on the secrets and small-space storage tips to be a super-smart woman (or man)!
Creative Kitchen Storage Ideas
- Use the ‘appliance lift’, if you wish to manage the space conveniently for big utensils. The lift can go directly into the cabinet.
- Make use of a ‘slide out or pull-through rack’ for storing pans as well as pots.
- The dish drying cabinet installed right over the sink is a smart storage idea for small kitchens.
- Use a mounted magazine rack to store plastic or foil wraps.
- Avoid faux drawers as they waste space. Using pull out drawers to add functionality and use space optimally.
- Use tacked plastic bags in the inner space of the pantry.
- Use dividers for making a tea tin.
- Pegboard organizers inside the drawers can make you give a sorted arrangement.
- Utilize egg cartons to store K-Cups.
- Hooks in cabinet doors are perfect to store measuring spoons.
- Arrange the pantry with some thin shelves to keep it organized.
For More – Click Kitchen Space Management Ideas
Smart Storage for Bathroom
- Use pocket-organizers to store all the shower- essentials.
- If you specifically do not have a dedicated linen cabinet, you can add thick jute bags or use the open shelves for storing towels. You can maximize the use of an open shelf by partly using it as closed storage with a bag and partly using it as open storage.
- In small spaces near the wall and in corners, especially in bedroom and bathrooms, you can use tall and skinny floor cabinets.
For More – Click Clever Bathroom Storage Pictures
Smart Use of Small Spaces
- When you buy ottomans or try DIY furniture, have some for hide-away storage space. Use the ottoman space to tuck away footwear or old stuff. This gives a neat luck to the home.
- For your entryway, you can use a wall caddy with some compartments. That helps you organize daily essentials like keys, scissors, mobile phone charger, umbrella, pens, magazines/newspaper etc. Better, if you have it with a dry-erase surface (that can work as a planner) and magnetic strip (to post pictures and cards).
- If there is a spare drawer in any part of the home, use the space to fit-in the folding iron board.
- Replace the ‘closet doors’ with curtains, if you think that the standard door would impact the use of floor space. Say for example – if you are unable to place a sofa besides a door, consider replacing the door with a clean curtain for a streamlined look.
Whether you are looking for toy storage ideas or thoughtful organizing inspiration for small apartments, the gallery is there to help you give a neat yet stunning look to your home.
Source for Images: Facebook.com