Easter is approaching fast and you must certainly be finding fresh and new Easter egg designs and ideas to decorate and paint Easter eggs. Looking for something unusual this time? We’ve rounded up for some eye-catchy and breathtaking ideas which are way too mesmerizing. We are sure these ideas would leave you excited to try something perfect for your Easter décor, treasure hunt as well as Easter gifts. In fact, you can bookmark these for trying something new for years to come. If you feel like dying Easter eggs, you can pick from the egg painting ideas. However, if dying is not what interest you anymore, there are numerous ideas.
As a part of the tradition, you’ve been decorating Easter Eggs for years now. But, it’s time to teach your kids the essence of the decoration. Combine the fun of the festival with some learning for kids.
Why Are Eggs Associated with Easter?
Eggs are an ancient representation of ‘new life’. They were an important part of the pagan festivals and were originally associated with spring celebrations. From the perspective of Christianity, Easter eggs symbolize resurrection as well as the emergence of Jesus from the tomb. Just like the hard shell of the egg contains new life inside it, similarly, the Jesus’ tomb has His resurrection body.
Egg is also one of the 7 symbols of Seder Plate picked from Passover. Since the eggs are forbidden during Lent, they are also a welcome sign on the day of Easter, making them pretty important not only on the food menu, but in the entire Easter celebration.
Why Do You Decorate Eggs for Easter?
The custom of giving Easter Eggs is a representation of celebrating or rather welcoming new life. Since eggs were to be given to others, it made more sense to decorate them and give them as gifts. Christians, therefore, adopted the practice of including decorated Easter Eggs as a part of the celebration of this spring festival.
What Materials Can You Use to Avoid Egg Dyeing?
Decorating Easter eggs needs creativity and little inspiration. Of course, a lot of it is available in the gallery below.
- For easy Easter egg decorating ideas, gather supplies like contact paper, foil paper, masking tape and try different patterns and supplies. Use of masking tape lets you create wonderful geometric patterns.
- Using decals is yet another interesting idea to create unique Easter eggs. Bling them up with sequins or jewels.
- You can use colorful paper to make different shapes – say a pink paper with dots to make strawberry Easter eggs is a great idea that would excite kids.
- If you are ok with not so quick ideas, you can try some detailed ideas for stunning results. Use layers of fabrics, patchwork, decoupage technique, ribbons, feathers and probably some flowers to come up with something out of the box.
- For those who love to decorate eggs with the inclusion of elements from Mother Nature, use of petals, leaves, feathers, grass is an interesting way. If you wish to use natural things, the use of spices like turmeric and natural dyes made from beets are also a wonderful idea.
How to Write on Easter Eggs or Create Varied Easter Egg Designs?
Writing on Easter eggs can be done with different supplies. You should color them with lighter shades, if you plan to write on them. For quickly coloring them, you can use food color. Dipping the hard-boiled eggs for 5 minutes in dyes of different colors is a simple way to have colored eggs. Just put 10-20 drops of any light food color in boiling water with 1 tsp vinegar and let them dry.
- You can use wax crayons to draw swirls, zigzags or pictures.
- Make use of sharpie pens/permanent markers to create cartoon characters or emojis.
- If you are ready for painting, pick a thin brush and dip in the paint to write.
- Ink and stamp pad can also be used for writing on the egg. Stamping alphabets on the egg. You can use a colored stamp pad or use some Easter-themed stamps too. Remember to use a color that will easily show up on the egg.
- You can write on eggs just like you do DIY Chalkboard projects. On hard-boiled eggs, use black chalkboard paint and then pick white or bright colored chalks for writing Easter-related words, names or draw designs.
With the above tips, ideas and inputs, hop on the round of Easter egg designs, dyeing and decoration ideas.
Acrylic Painted Egg Designs with Dots and Comic Characters (Source)
Adorable Easter Eggs Covered with Fabric Layers (Source)
Barak Hardley’s Egg Painting Ideas (Source)
Beautiful DIY Tutorial for Home-Dyed Easter Egg with Easily Available Home Supplies (Source)
Black and White Sharpie Pen Decorated Easy Easter Eggs Design (Source)
Blinged Eggs Decorated with Purple Gem Stickers and Glitter (Source)
Breath-taking Golden Easter Eggs (Source)
Chic Plastic Eggs Decorated with Twine, Buttons, Lace, and Ribbons (Source)
Cosmic Egg with Dye and Vegetable Oil from All Recipes (Source)
Crafty Decals Embellished Easter Egg (Source)
Cutest Ever Harry Potter, Ron and Hermione Eggs with Printable Tutorial (Source)
Cutting Colorful Tissue Papers to Create Patterned Easter Eggs (Source)
Decorative Easter Eggs Embellished with Gems and Jewels (Source)
Dinosaur Dragon Easter Eggs DIY Video Tutorial (Source)
DIY Easter Lego Eggs Design (Source)
Do it Yourself Ice Cream Cone Kawaii Easter Eggs (Source)
Easter Eggs Decorated with the Help of Masking Tape (Source)
Easy Colorful Decorated Easter Eggs (Source)
Edible Rainbow Jello Easter Eggs with Tutorial (Source)
Embroidery Yarn Pasted Easter Eggs (Source)
Extra Ordinary Easter Eggs with Fabric (Source)
Fast Handmade Confetti Dipped Easter Egg Tutorial (Source)
Foil Covered Easter Eggs with Tutorial (Source)
Glamorous Bejeweled Easter Egg Design with Sequins (Source)
Glitter and Paper Mache Eggs for Easter with Steps (Source)
Googly Eyes Easter Egg Decoration with Centerpiece (Source)
Hand-painted Nintendo and Mario Easter Eggs (Source)
Innovative Easter Egg Ideas with Permanent Marker (Source)
Intelligent Cracked Mosaic Eggs Design (Source)
Light-weight Easter Egg Covered with Brown Feathers (Source)
Mess-free Unicorn Easter Egg Tutorial (Source)
Metallic Foil Tattooed Easter Eggs to Make in Less Than 2 Minutes (Source)
Naturally Dyed Eggs with Herbs, Spices, Leaves, and Feathers (Source)
Ornamental Rush Pasted Easter Eggs with Spiral Flowers (Source)
Papier Mesh Easter Eggs Lying in Muffin Tray (Source)
Pastel Hand Felted Easter Egg Decoration (Source)
Pineapple Design DIY Easter Eggs (Source)
Punched Paint Chip Flower Easter Eggs by Patty Schaffer with Tutorial (Source)
Punching Paper Pasted Easter Eggs (Source)
Quick and Clever Colorful Foil-Wrapped Easter Eggs (Source)
Quick-Lace Tied Easter Egg Decoration (Source)
Quilling Craft Easter Egg (Source)
Ribbon and Paper Made Embellished Styrofoam Easter Eggs with Steps (Source)
Rural Style Easter Eggs Centerpiece Decorated with Colorful Paper (Source)
Self-created Temporary Tattoo Easter Eggs with Steps (Source)
Spring-themed Moss Covered Eggs with Tutorial and Printable (Source)
Sprinkles Design Painted Easter Eggs DIY Tutorial (Source)
Star Wars Painted Easter Eggs DIY Tutorial (Source)
Step-wise Tutorial for Embroidery Stitches Easter Eggs (Source)
Strawberry Design Eggs Using Colored Paper (Source)
Superheroes Easter Egg Design (Source)
Surprise Easter Eggs Tutorial with ‘Crack Me’ Message (Source)
Thumbtack Metallic DIY Easter Eggs (Source)
Traditional Ukrainian Pysanky Batik Egg Decoration (Source)
Tutorial for Tissue Paper Easter Eggs (Source)
Typography Easter Eggs (Source)
Unique Easter Egg Decoration with Colored Feathers (Source)
Unusual Wooden Hand-painted Egg with Spring Designs (Source)
Wax Embossed Hand-painted Looking Like Henna Design (Source)
Wax-Dyed Batik Ukrainian Pysanka Easter Egg Tutorial (Source)
White Chocolate DIY Edible Easter Eggs (Source)