What better way to spend the day of love than making some handmade love and care craft items with kids? The roundup here covers various Valentine’s Day crafts for toddlers, preschoolers, and teens that you can make with some simple steps. So, enjoy a beautiful ‘crafternoon’ with your kids with these easy Valentine’s Day crafts for kids.
Different Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Try Out
You must opt for craft items that are safe. Try to gauge the kid’s age and then pick a craft, if it involves any intricate cutting and pasting. Little ones would not be able to handle difficult creations. Some of the best craft types that kids can easily do with help of elders are listed below.
- Valentine’s Day Easy Straw Crafts: Straw crafts are easy. Involve your kids in making simple wall hangings, photo frames, pen stands or simple wind chimes just by joining them together. Preschoolers can create innovative straw toppers. Roll the straw with heart printed washi tape and stick felt hearts. Creating unique Valentine darts is also a great idea. Check out the gallery for inspiration.
- DIY Crafts with Old Newspapers: You can create masks, pulp models, and many more creative things with just newspapers. Why not try to make a crown of rolled newspapers and stick it with red and pink heart cutouts from colored paper?
- Valentine’s Day Crafts with Empty Toilet Paper Rolls: The empty rolls can be used to make pencil stands in shades of red, white and pink by covering them with craft paper and sticking glitter golden hearts.
- DIY Kids’ Crafts with Chocolate and Chips Wrappers:T hese are great options to make crafts involving the kids as they are colorful and using these items also give them a sense of recycling waste items.
- Handmade Valentine’s Day Cards: Cards for various occasions are best ways to teach a kid about festivities and celebrations. You can imbibe some great talents of craft work on the blank cards and make them a thoughtful piece of gift.
- Origami and Quilling Crafts: These crafts are trending these days. Although quilling crafts are not very easy, grown up kids can try them. However, origami crafts are just the perfect choice.
Simple Supplies to Arrange for Valentine’s Day Kids’ Crafts
Some essential supplies for Valentine’s Day crafts include red and golden glitters, sparkling sequins and washi tape for decoration. Red heart shaped cushions can also be a base for craft work. Heart shaped card board signs for Valentine’s Day table decoration are also a great choice. You can have stuffed toys holding DIY messages or Valentine’s Day quotes of affection and love. These DIY ideas are perfect to engage kids into something constructive on the day of love.
If you like these ideas, browse through the gallery for more such interesting Valentine’s Day crafts for kids.
Source for Images: Facebook.com