Choosing the right décor for a reading nook is a tough job. A home featuring a personalized study specially dedicated to volumes of hard covers and soft covers is a book lover’s paradise. Let your mind take leaps or allow it to relax in a reading corner that is made for this purpose. These reading nook ideas for kids will come in handy when designing a study.
The main feature required for a reading nook décor is that it should be away from all the distractions of the house. However, it should not be so mundane that 10 minutes in there and you get bored.
Inspiring Reading Nook Ideas
Turn a dull corner of your room for a marvelous book reading experience by going with the right décor. Make it cozy and comfortable for your kids where they can snuggle up when tired or choose a modern, sophisticated look for your teenagers to fit their décor preferences. These reading corner ideas for kids presented in the gallery are inspiring and are sure to wake up the artist in you.
DIY Reading Corner Ideas for Kids
- Use Plush Pillows & Mattresses: Make the reading spot as comfortable as possible with some throw pillows and blankets. Invest in a designer chair that can make the reading time comfort-filled for your kids.
- Use Space Under the Stairs: Turn the spot under your stairs into a reading corner. Furnish it with a sizable bed and enough lighting. Include a shelf or some storage space underneath the bed.
- Use the Window Space: Build a cozy window nook, which is a very practical use of the space. A window nook saves floor space as well. Furnish the space with a mattress and some fancy reading lights and turn it into a ‘room with a view’.
- Provide Enough Book Space: Bookshelves are an integral part of a study. Design your bookshelf thoughtfully to make it space efficient. In the gallery, we’ve brought innovative ideas to help you.
- Use an Unused Closet: Turn a closet space into a reading corner. Remove doors of the closet, if you have a spare one. Provide the empty space in the closet with a sofa or a futon.
- Add Liveliness to the Reading Corner: Hang inspiring posters and beautiful portraits or landscapes on the walls of the reading space.
- Choose the Right Colors: Colors are important when it comes to making a reading nook for your kids. Keep the reading corner vibrant and attractive with warm colors. Go for patterns on wallpapers. You can get many more inspiring ideas from top interior designers in Mumbai.
- Use a Hammock Chair: A hammock chair is a creative way to beautify your reading space. Hang it near a window and let it delve your children into an exciting world of fiction.
These reading nook ideas for kids are perfect to modernize your home. Choosing the right décor will do wonders. Why not get your children to work on these ideas as well and spend some quality time with them while they’re all excited. An attractive study will not only get your kids fascinated, it will lure you into its world from time to time too.
Source for Images: facebook.com