A good book requires a good place to read. This is where all the idea of maintaining silence in a library hailed from! Your kids can get easily distracted at first. Let no external happenings perturb them in their process of reading. Resort to the DIY reading nooks for kids and choose books that’d appeal your kids. Pick up a good collection of books ranging from folklores to fables, parables, rhymes and spooky stories to make the most of the reading nook created. To inculcate and make them practice the habit of reading is excellent for their upbringing.
What You’ll Require for Planning a Reading Corner for Your Child?
Do not trouble yourself thinking about huge expenses. Good books, comfortable cushions, throw pillows, interesting wall decal, decorated bookshelves, supplies for making a tent, fabric and some lighting etc. are some of the few thing required to keep your kid attracted to your plan. Why not involve your baby too in creating the DIY nook and share the enthusiasm?
Easy Ideas forDIY Reading Nooks for Kids
- Space by the Window:A good story book in hand and a beautiful view outside makes an excellent duo. Place floor cushions near the window and drop long transparent curtains for a sleek and transparent view outside.
- Lights and Colors are Important: Decorate with lights for amesmerizing beauty at night. Place a small bookshelf in the corner with the favorites on top. Set up a little bed or a comfortable sofa and you’re good to go.
- Secret Hide Out:Enjoying that subtle pleasure of reading a book in a calm isolated place is inexplicable. Create a nice and small hide out for your kid stuffed with his/her favorite books, posters and lights. They’d love to stay there as late as dinner!
- Hanging Cocoon Chair:Interesting and comfortable, decorate that spacey nook with a hanging cocoon chair with soft cushions. It’d turn into a great reading corner for your kid.
- DIY Tents: Rustic and Boho style tents created at home are preferred as a reading nook. Plus they give a cheerful look to the child’s room as well.
Try these DIY Reading nooks for kids and find the consequences making you as happy as ever!
Source for Images: facebook.com