DIY soaps are awesome for gifting on Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving Day. You can make impressive DIY soap bars using simple materials such as cooking spray, olive oil, oats, food dye, measuring cup, glycerin etc. It may initially seem to be a difficult task. But you can easily do it with a little courage and practice. Easy tutorials with detailed steps can certainly help. You can’t always make soap without lye. However, in this roundup, we’ve picked some really wonderful handmade soap recipes with and without lye.
Lye is an essential ingredient of the soap, which is primarily a caustic alkali or sodium hydroxide. With its use, you would just get chunks of fatty oil floating on water. Here is a simple way of making DIY soaps to gift, sell or use. Go through the gallery here and find tutorials for the same.
Make Personalized Soap Bars
The basic procedure of making soaps is outlined above. Keeping that in mind you can further customize your soap bar with scent, color and texture by adding the following ingredients:
- Dried Herbs: For color or texture you can add dried chamomile flowers, lavender flowers or calendula.
- Colors: You can add the natural color choices like plant materials, such as turmeric, spirulina, ground coffee, cocoa, beetroot, hibiscus etc.
- Texture Add-Ins: For the texture of your soap, mix healing clays, ground coffee, oatmeal, salts etc.
How to Make DIY Soap Bars?
Making soap bars is not a difficult task. Here are the steps to do it at home. For making the soap bars, you need a cooking spray, juice boxes, glycerin soap, a measuring cup, Popsicle sticks, and food dye.
- First grease the inside of the juice box.
- Cut the glycerin soap into 1-ounce cubes and melt 3 to 4 cubes in the microwave for 25 seconds.
- To this liquid add few drops of food color and warm it in the microwave again for 10 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the juice container and repeat the procedure for different colored layers and let it cool.
- Next, remove the juice box from the soap bar.
Apart from the above details, you can even look at a perfect guide for DIY natural bathroom products, if you wish to make non-toxic body wash, bath bombs, face wash, shampoo, conditioner etc. too
With these suggestions and following the roundup available in the gallery below, make your customized DIY soap bars. We’ll be happy to hear from you. Share your experience with us in the comments below.
Now that you have the recipes, why not let this be your next Christmas gift or Mother’s day gift.
#1 10 Minute Milk Honey Natural Soap
#2 African Black Soap Recipe – DIY Soap
#3 DIY Cinnamon Soap Bar Recipe
#4 Easy 10 Minute DIY Coffee Milk Exfoliating Soap
#5 Festive Seasonal Scent Natural Soap Bars
#6 Fun and Cute Homemade Soap for Kids
#7 Goldfish in a Soap Bar DIY Gift Idea
#8 Grapefruit Eucalyptus Homemade Soap Bar Tutorial
#9 Homemade Lemon Soap Tutorial
#10 Kid-friendly Homemade Soap Gift for Kids
#11 Layered Flower-studded DIY Soap Bar from Honey and Rosemary
#12 Orange Zest Lemon DIY Soap Bar
#13 Palm Free Cold Process Cucumber DIY Soap Bar
#14 Pumpkin DIY Soat Idea Perfect for Gifting
#15 Quick and Easy DIY Citrus Soap Bar with No Lye
#16 Self-made Herbal Soap Without Handling Lye
#17 Simple Homemade Lavender Soap Bar
#18 Summer-friendly DIY Watermelon Soap Bar Tutorial
#19 Unique DIY Juicy Summer Melon Soap with Watermelon Fragrance Oil
#20 Vegan Turmeric Soap Bars DIY Idea